The words affordability and high-quality never really went together in the industry of vape pen, the costs of designing a reliable and dependable 510 thread battery together with the best materials meant a definitive increase in the overall costs of manufacturing a battery. The aphorism “you get what you pay for” clearly represented the reality in the 510 thread battery industry. DANKTANK, changed the meta of the industry by providing consumers with high-quality vape pen at an affordable price allowing them to gain a strong foothold of the market and earn a place amongst the top manufacturers in the business.
DANKTANK is now regarded as one of the best manufacturers in the industry of vape pen winning over numerous patents for several batteries technologies you won’t see on other devices. Their ingenuity as a team led to numerous products that shows no one has to sacrifice quality for affordability – a reflection of their core value and their mission from DANKTANK’s humble beginnings.
The Kandypens Special-K Black is a swanky and stealthy take on the classic weed pen design. It works as good as it looks, and it comes with two 1 mL tanks, temperature control battery with three heat settings, and several handy accessories. With a lifetime warranty on the battery, the Special-K Black is the pen to get!
The PCKT Two somes with a series of updates over the PCKT One Plus. The device has a 660 mAh capacity and five heat settings ideal for vaporizing THC and CBD oil carts. It comes with a magnetic adapter so you can pop in your cartridges with ease, charges through Type-C, and has a 5-level haptic feedback.
The Compass is compact, powerful and extremely ergonomic. It features a 550 mAh internal battery and three power settings ranging from 2.8-3.6 volts. The device utilizes USB-C charging and is compatible with most 510 thread oil carts. It provides just the right amount of airflow while keeping your cartridges safe.
5.Vessel Slate Walnut
The Vessel is not just your typical 510 thread battery. It comes in a wide variety of luxurious designs. The Vessel is compatible with most 510 threaded oil cartridges and features a 240 mAh battery with three power settings. It charges using a magnetic USB cable or an optional charging dock sold separately.
6.O2VAPE Flip Ultra
The Flip Ultra is an advanced oil vape that flings open with the touch of a switch. It has a bright screen that displays voltage, battery life and puff count and is powered by a 650 mAh battery. The Flip Ultra is adjustable from 2.7 to 4.8 volts, charges via micro USB or lightning and is compatible with most oil carts.
7.Linx Hypnos Battery
The Linx Hypnos Battery works with the Hypnos Zero atomizer, and most of your 510 oil cartridges. It has a compact and powerful 650 mAh battery. The Hypnos comes in stainless steel and iridescent steel. It is reminiscent of the classic eGo battery, but constructed of much higher quality components.
8.Kandypens C-Box Pro
The Kandypens C-Box Pro is designed for 510 oil tanks. It utilizes magnetic adapters so you can just drop your tank in. The device stands at only 3 inches tall and is lightweight, despite its powerful 390 mAh battery. The C-Box Pro has four adjustable voltage settings up to 4.0 volts, charges via micro USB.
What is a 510 thread vape?
The term “510 thread” was originally coined by Joyetech, manufacturer the eGo-T, one of the first vape pen batteries. It was named after the ten 0.5 mm threads featured on tanks, that are compatible with these pens. Today, this 0.5 mm threading is standardized, but it doesn’t necessarily need to have ten threads to be considered 510 compatible.
A 510 thread vape is technically any battery with 510 threading, which happens to be the vape industry standard for most atomizers and tanks. When people say 510 thread battery, these days they are most likely referring to the ones made for use with oil cartridges.
The term 510 thread vape is often used in reference to the entire device, including the tank. The term 510 thread battery refers specifically to the power source which powers the cartridge. Oil cartridges are slim vape tanks that generally come pre-filled with cannabis oil. They are also empty cartridges available for filling with your own CBD vape juice and various other liquids.
Types of 510 thread vapes
Originally 510 batteries were generally pen-shaped, but lately they have been rapidly evolving, taking on a variety of forms that resemble miniature vape mods. Let’s have a look at the different types of 510 vapes available right now and the distinctions between them.
- eGo batteries – eGo-style batteries were some of the first devices used for the early e-cigarette tanks. They are typically dual-threaded to accommodate both classic eGo style and 510 atomizers. eGo batteries usually have a firing button, some of the later models include LED lights on the tip that light up when activated. They generally charge using 510-threaded USB charging units, but some updated versions may feature built-in USB charge ports.
- Classic pen style – The original 510 batteries were slim and lightweight pens that were generally the same width as the average oil cartridge. Most of them are draw activated, which means you don’t have to push a button to vape. Some utilize buttons to operate. Many of them also feature LED lights that turn on while you vape. They originally used the same chargers as eGo pens, but many newer models feature built-in USB charge ports. Some may also feature variable voltage settings, and a preheat feature which sends a low voltage pulse to gently heat your oil.
- 510 oil mods – The newer style of 510 thread batteries look something like a pocketable version of a vape mod, but are usually lighter and more compact. They have standard 510 threads, and sometimes utilize magnetic adapters that let you to easily slide your cartridges in. Many of them are draw-activated, but some utilize a firing button and variable voltage settings, so you can crank it up and get a more powerful hit.
- Keychain style – Keychain style batteries introduce a new level of discretion. Some of them have spring-loaded 510 connections that pop out when you press a button. They come in a few variations resembling anything from a keychain to a typical FOB key.
- E-pipe style – There are some 510 thread batteries that resemble a pipe. It has a classic aesthetic that emulates the sensation of “smoking a bowl”. Most of them utilize magnetic adapters, so you can easily swap between cartridges by just dropping them in.
- Vape mods – Some standard vape mods are compatible with oil cartridges. They need to have a specific type of 510 connection that allows air to flow through the bottom. Various mods, like the Eleaf Pico for example, can accommodate this type of bottom airflow system.
Advantages of 510 thread vapes
The best 510 thread vapes offer some distinct advantages over the standard pen-style batteries. They tend to have more battery life and are more compact and discreet. Some of them even utilize more advanced LED and LCD technology.
Generally speaking, 510 vapes are popular for oil because they are portable, lightweight and easy to use. Another advantage of 510 vapes is having cross compatibility with a variety of atomizers. A good 510 thread battery should also provide a solid connection.
- Cross compatibility
- Solid connection
- Ease of use
- More battery life
Tips for using 510 thread batteries for oil
Vaping a cartridge on a 510 thread vape is incredibly easy. Always start slow, taking small puffs with breaks in between, until you find your ideal dosage. Here are some tips to keep in mind when using various cartridges and 510 batteries.
- Some of the older oil carts still may utilize silica wicks. If you have a variable voltage vape, keep it at a low voltage to prevent dry or burnt tasting hits. You’ll want to stay in the 2.5-2.8-volt range.
- Newer styles of oil cartridges, like CCELL cartridges, use more current wicking that allows you to utilize more voltage without the risk of burning out your wicks. You can typically use them up to around 3.3 volts.
- Some oil carts utilize ceramic coil systems which may require more voltage than usual to achieve a satisfying puff. Start at around 3.3 volts and try not to exceed 3.6 V or you might experience a burnt taste.
- Every 510 thread vape battery has a different battery life capacity which is represented in milliamp hours, or mAh. Simply put, the higher the mAh, the more battery life your vape is going to have.